lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "none none" <kor...@lycos.com>
Subject Re: Modifying document with unstored fields
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 00:17:36 GMT
 hi,
i am not really an expert with lucene, but what do i think is:

1.it is not possible modify (or add) just a document's field. (actually i have the same needs,
would be good to have this feature)
2.why you will lost your data? If you delete a document, then re-add it, lucene will change
the index for stored and unstored fields, data + term info.

May be you did some test without close the reader and/or writer, because to delete you use
the IndexReader and to write the IndexWriter. You should delete first, close, open the writer,
add the document, optimize,close, then reopen the IndexSearcher and see what's there.

Hope will help.
Bye.