lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Carlson <carl...@bookandhammer.com>
Subject Re: Contribution
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 02:03:08 GMT
Hi Oren,

I am responsible for the contributions page.

Please submit your contributions to the developers list (just so they
get in the mail archive and won't be dependent on you keeping a URL
live) and I will post them on the contributions page. If people like
them and an industrious contributor wants to, they may get added into
the Lucene core code.

As far as being a contributor, what project do you have in mind? It's
best to come to the up with a project that will move the Lucene
development forward. My contributions have mostly been site
contributions (the contributions page) and site maintenance such as
builds. I have also added to some code by adding the SearchBean to the
Lucene-Sandbox.

I hope this answers your questions and thanks for your contributions.

--Peter