lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Halácsy Péter <halacsy.pe...@axelero.com>
Subject RE: IndexReader.lastModified() not correct
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 14:11:15 GMT
Scott,
IndexReader.lasModified() returns wrong value if and only if documents were deleted. if you
don't want to reopen searcher on deletes you can use the old code.

can't we mix the two solutions?
IndexReader.lastModified(boolean dels)

if dels is true -> returns the time when a document was added or deleted
if dels is false -> return the time when the last document was added

peter