lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: Optimize
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:38:45 GMT
Christian Ullenboom wrote:
> I take a look at the StopFilter/StopAnalyser, the BitVector, and
> PorterStemmer and I would like to optimize the code. What is the best
> way to contribute?

Please submit contributions to lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org.  If the
changes are small, a diff file is appropriate.  For more extensive
changes, it's better to submit entire files.

The folks on this mailing list can review the proposed changes, and, if
they're approved, check them in to CVS.

New code should be well documented and be accompanied by JUnit test suites.

Performance optimizations that make code more complex must be
accompanied by benchmarks that illustrate measurable improvements.

Thanks,

Doug