lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: IndexReader.lastModified() not correct
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 17:06:38 GMT
Scott Ganyo wrote:
> How about we just have the renameFile() method update the "segments" file
> lastModified date and then we won't have to change the lastModified() method
> at all...

I like that.

Or, better yet, add a setLastModified method to Directory, and have the
deletion code call it on the segments file when it writes a .del file.
That makes things explicit and doesn't overload renameFile().  If
someone calls renameFile() to do something that doesn't alter the index,
it won't break things.  And if someone adds other, non-index, files into
the directory, it won't break things either (as it would if we used the
directory's last modified time).

Doug