lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Victor Hadianto <vict...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: Modifying document with unstored fields
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 06:03:34 GMT
On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:47, Dmitry Serebrennikov wrote:
> Victor Hadianto wrote:
> Yes, generally, there are two answers -- either make all fields stored
> or use some other database for the storage of the "master" documents.

Thanks Dimtry for pointing this out, well I now I am sure that we can't do it.
I think the second approach might be more acceptable in our situation, it
does have a little bit of performance impact when recreating the document to
the index but should work.

> I suppose it might be possible to add a lower-level support for
> extracting the terms from the unstored fields of the initial document
> and re-indexing them for the new document...

Well now this is interesting, dare I hope that any Lucene guru is interested
doing this :D

Regards,

> Dmitry.

Victor Hadianto

NUIX Pty Ltd
Level 8, 143 York Street, Sydney 2000
Phone: (02) 9283 9010
Fax:   (02) 9283 9020

This message is intended only for the named recipient. If you are not the
or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this message or
attachment is strictly prohibited.