lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Carlson <carl...@bookandhammer.com>
Subject Code to provide vector representation for documents
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 14:53:11 GMT
Has the code that Dmitry wrote that Doug describes below been submitted yet?

I know we were waiting for v 1.2, but that's done now.

Thanks

--Peter

-----Referenced email -----------

Dmitry Serebrennikov [dmitrys@earthlink.net] has implemented a substantial
extension to Lucene which should help folks doing this sort of research.  It
provides an explicit vector representation for documents.  This way you can,
e.g., retrieve a number of documents, efficiently sum their vectors, then
derive a new query from the sum.  This code was posted to the list a long
while back, but is now out of date.  As soon as the 1.2 release is final,
and Dmitry has time, he intends to merge it into Lucene.