lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Tarek M. Nabil" <Tarek.Na...@itworx.com>
Subject I need your advice
Date Sun, 28 Jul 2002 11:15:22 GMT
Hi everyone,

You might find this sort of strange, but I need your advice on whether I should get involved
in this project or not.
I will state all the facts, and will wait for your opinion.

1- I'm not an experienced Java developer, my hands-on experience with Java, does not exceed
6 months.
2- I LOVE Java, though I don't get to work with it a lot, and I got certified as a java programmer
a few months ago.
3- I've never participated in any open source projects.
4- If I do participate, I have to eventually get to the core of it, I cannot settle for supplying
documentation or that sort of stuff.
5- The reason why I want to participate, is to get a chance to work with my favorite language
and benefit from your experience.
5- I don't know a single thing about indexing, crawlers or search engines.
6- The reason I picked this project, is that I read on the new Jakarta newsletter that it's
in need of developers.

I know this was kind of long, but it hope it will give you a clear picture.

Thanks in advance,

Tarek M. Nabil