lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Maxim Patramanskij <...@osua.de>
Subject Powered by Lucene site
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:12:59 GMT
Hello Lucene developers!

I want to share my happiness about such a great product Lucene is!

I've implemented website search component based on Lucene engine at
http://www.planta.de under search link.

I put here some technical details which may be will be interested for
someone.

There are 2 main part of this component which is IndexManager and
SearchWriter.

First  one  is  used  for  managing  website  indexes (create new one,
delete,  update,  rebuild,  set  autoupdating, e.t.c) while second one
performs search over indexes and present results to end user.

I've   used  XSL  transformation  to  render  result  pages,  so  page
presentation  could  be  easily  customized  without  touching code by
changing XSL template even in online mode.

Some attention also paid to support multi linguality (browser language
detect) in results presentation.

Please add this site to Powered by Lucene list.

Maxim Patramanskij
java developer