lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Halácsy Péter <halacsy.pe...@axelero.com>
Subject RE: CachedSearcher
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:03:24 GMT

>  > I want to change the way TermQuery doing scores.
>
> Could you please make a proposal to the lucene-dev list of
> which methods and
> classes should be made public or protected or non-final, and
> what documentation
> should be added?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doug

1. all package-protected abstract method of Searcher should be made to protected abstract

2. public final class IndexWriter --> public class IndexWriter
  public final synchronized void close() --> public synchronized void close()
and other methods

to be able to create a ManagedIndexWriter or CachedIndexWriter (something similar to CachedSearcher;
when its closed method is called it notifies a manager that wakes up the waiting threads)

3. make IndexReader not final

peter