lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: CachedSearcher
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:44:12 GMT
Halácsy Péter wrote:
>>Could you please make a proposal to the lucene-dev list of
>>which methods and
>>classes should be made public or protected or non-final, and
>>what documentation
>>should be added?
 >
> 1. all package-protected abstract method of Searcher should be made to protected abstract

These need documentation.  And this requires making a few other classes
public, namely TopDocs and ScoreDoc.  I've done all this, and more.

> 2. public final class IndexWriter --> public class IndexWriter
>   public final synchronized void close() --> public synchronized void close()
> and other methods

Done.

> 3. make IndexReader not final

IndexReader is not final.  It is abstract.  It has no public
implementations.  You can subclass it, but you must implement all of its
abstract methods.

Doug