lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <>
Subject Re: CachedSearcher
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:44:12 GMT
Halácsy Péter wrote:
>>Could you please make a proposal to the lucene-dev list of
>>which methods and
>>classes should be made public or protected or non-final, and
>>what documentation
>>should be added?
> 1. all package-protected abstract method of Searcher should be made to protected abstract

These need documentation.  And this requires making a few other classes
public, namely TopDocs and ScoreDoc.  I've done all this, and more.

> 2. public final class IndexWriter --> public class IndexWriter
>   public final synchronized void close() --> public synchronized void close()
> and other methods

> 3. make IndexReader not final

IndexReader is not final.  It is abstract.  It has no public
implementations.  You can subclass it, but you must implement all of its
abstract methods.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message