lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Serebrennikov <>
Subject Re: Term Positions
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 20:46:59 GMT
This is supported by the same code that does the document term vectors.
The code is not currently in Lucene but has been working for a long
time. I anticipate having some free time to integrate and submit this
code within the next two weeks.

none none wrote:

>is there any way to have back a vector or an hashtable with the term positions inside
the Document?
>Document doc = hits.doc(i);
>HashTable tpos = doc.getTermPositions();
>I know the position is not the actual offset but is just the occurrence inside the text
(1st , 2nd, etc. word) based on the Analyzer we used to build the index, but it is fine...
...have the offset will be great.
>Any ideas? what should i change?
>I am wrong or this should be in the next release?
>If someone explain to me a little bit i can do and send the code to the mailing list.
>thank you.
>Supercharge your e-mail with a 25MB Inbox, POP3 Access, No Ads
>and NoTaglines --> LYCOS MAIL PLUS.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
>For additional commands, e-mail: <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>