lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Lex Lawrence" <lex_lawre...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: COMMENT REQUESTED: Lucene 1.2 Final Release
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 09:38:19 GMT
I've been using the new release and haven't had problems, but I have a
suggestion.  The Ant build file does not work unless it finds the path
jakarta.site2.home (default is ../jakarta-site2).  For a user new to Jakarta
who hasn't seen any mention of Anakia/Site2 in the Lucene documentation, it
might not be obvious what the problem is when they follow the build
instructions and can't get Ant to work.

A short-term solution:
Provide a sentence or so of documentation (similar to that for the JavaCC
issue) telling users what to do when Ant says: "lucene-1.2-src/build.xml:33:
jakarta-site2/lib not found."
You can tell them to install Anakia, or just create an empty directory
"../jakarta-site2/lib".  My understanding is that Site2/Anakia are only
needed for creating the Lucene HTML pages.

Perhaps there is a better solution, but I think as a minumum a couple words
of explanation should be added to BUILD.txt.

-Lex