lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Lex Lawrence" <>
Subject Re: COMMENT REQUESTED: Lucene 1.2 Final Release
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 09:38:19 GMT
I've been using the new release and haven't had problems, but I have a
suggestion.  The Ant build file does not work unless it finds the path
jakarta.site2.home (default is ../jakarta-site2).  For a user new to Jakarta
who hasn't seen any mention of Anakia/Site2 in the Lucene documentation, it
might not be obvious what the problem is when they follow the build
instructions and can't get Ant to work.

A short-term solution:
Provide a sentence or so of documentation (similar to that for the JavaCC
issue) telling users what to do when Ant says: "lucene-1.2-src/build.xml:33:
jakarta-site2/lib not found."
You can tell them to install Anakia, or just create an empty directory
"../jakarta-site2/lib".  My understanding is that Site2/Anakia are only
needed for creating the Lucene HTML pages.

Perhaps there is a better solution, but I think as a minumum a couple words
of explanation should be added to BUILD.txt.

>From: Peter Carlson <>
>To: Lucene Developers List <>
>Subject: COMMENT REQUESTED: Lucene 1.2 Final Release
>Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 16:42:56 -0700
>I have not received any feedback on the developer list regarding the
>stability / status of Lucene 1.2 Final Release. I have posted it up on the
>release website
>Can a few other people please validate this so we call it good and let
>people know.
>Once this is complete, I will format the to do list that was generated into
>an html document and validate the commitments to the next release version
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>