lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Carlson <carl...@bookandhammer.com>
Subject Re: Bug? QueryParser may not correctly interpret RangeQuery text
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 14:34:42 GMT
Brian,

I 100% agree with you about having actual field types, I just don't know
what the ramifications are and haven't looked. I was hoping Doug would chime
in and make it easy for us.

It would be nice to have it working though. I vote +1 for " TO "

And for the format into date then number methodology seems great to me. If
we want to support full on terms we could also say if it doesn't just have
digits then its just a term. So Date -> Number -> Term.

--Peter