lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Carlson <>
Subject Re: Finding number of occurrences of a word in a document.
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 14:39:43 GMT
This question should be asked to the Lucene user list. I am also posting
this email to the user list in case there are any follow-up questions or
other people have other suggestions.

Lucene does not return the number of occurrences for a word in a Hit, but
you can get this information using the TermDocs interface (see the javadoc).
I have never used this interface, but it looks like it will do the job.

On 6/4/02 2:58 AM, "AJIT RAJWADE" <> wrote:

> Sir,
> I am currently facing a do I find the number of occurrences
> of a particular word in a certain document. Currently, I get some value called
> as score which is difficult to interpret.
> Thanks,
> Ajit

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>