lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Carlson <>
Subject Lucene 1.2 Final Release ready for testing before general announcement
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 06:32:35 GMT

I have created the Lucene 1.2 Final Release and put up in the release folder
on the website.

It passes all the unit tests and I think it looks good.

Please try this out and let me know if you have any problems.

If I get good response. I will update the API docs and put an announcement
on the Main and Lucene web site, jakarta web site, and lucene user mailing

I was thinking the announcement would be something like

The Lucene Team is proud to announce the release of Lucene 1.2
This is the first production release of Lucene since it moved to the Apache
project. This release contains many features and bug fixes over the previous
1.0.2 release - see CHANGES.txt
( for details.
Jakarta Lucene is a high-performance, full-featured text search engine
written entirely in Java.

Feel free to make any suggestions.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>