lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Carlson <carl...@bookandhammer.com>
Subject Re: Bug? QueryParser may not correctly interpret RangeQuery text
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2002 16:56:59 GMT
I like this idea of [GOOP:GOOP] as it gives the most flexibility. However,
this requires the field to have a known characteristic like a date field,
number field or text field correct? If you just use the static Field.Date
this would require adding a new attribute the field class? I like this idea
but I donĀ¹t know the difficulty / backward compatibility issues.

If the extra field attribute is too difficult, then I suggest we use the
nnnn-nn-nn format method so we can use the pattern to determine the data
type.

For number fields, should this support only integers, or decimal numbers
too?

I don't think we should use the : character, because we probably want to
support time formats in the date format. Something like 03/01/2001 at
00:01:00. Maybe something like ">" or "|" or even "->" ?

Also, inclusive vs. exclusive should be accounted for with the [ vs {
characters.  I think this might already be done, but just wanted to throw it
out there.

--Peter