lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Friedman, Eric" <e...@ConveySoftware.com>
Subject RE: Bug? QueryParser may not correctly interpret RangeQuery text
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 15:40:38 GMT
Certainly not.  So, the question is whether you want to drag the horse back
into the barn and bolt it shut or tear the barn down.  Building a new barn
with an electronic fence is another option.  My personal opinion is that the
status quo doesn't really serve anyone:  it's too hard for novices, and
insufficiently rich for experts.  On this point, I suspect that we're in
violent agreement.

Eric