lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: QueryParser for default AND
Date Sat, 29 Jun 2002 22:22:35 GMT
Hello Péter,

Do you think you could resend this with a context diff against the
latest QueryParser.jj?
Brian Goetz made some improvements to QueryParser.jj the other day, so
the diff doesn't apply well, and I don't want to break things.
If you can also send a diff for the tester class that would also be
nice, but if you can't it's not a big deal, I can extract your
additions from there.

[otis@linux2 jakarta-lucene]$ patch
src/java/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/QueryParser.jj
QueryParser.jj.diff
patching file src/java/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/QueryParser.jj
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] n
Apply anyway? [n] y
Hunk #1 FAILED at 65.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 78.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 114.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 157.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 166.
Hunk #6 FAILED at 197.
Hunk #7 FAILED at 219.
Hunk #8 FAILED at 271.
Hunk #9 FAILED at 299.
Hunk #10 FAILED at 353.
Hunk #11 FAILED at 389.
Hunk #12 FAILED at 407.
Hunk #13 FAILED at 416.
Hunk #14 FAILED at 466.
src/java/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/QueryParser.jj.rej

Thanks,
Otis

--- Halácsy_Péter <halacsy.peter@axelero.hu> wrote:
> 19 Febr. Doug wrote:
>
> >> How could I modify the queryParser to implement
> >> default AND logic?
>
> >I haven't tested this, but it should be as simple as changing line
> 318 of
> >QueryParser.jj to:
> >  int ret = MOD_REQ;
>
> >Unfortunately, I think this would end up disabling OR, so the proper
> change
> >is more complex, requiring some changes to the addClause() method.
> This
> >should also be something that folks can turn on and off.
>
> >Doug
>
> I attached a modified QueryParser.jj. Finally I modified addClause().
> I also
> attached a tester class.
>
> Use:
> QueryParser qp = new QueryParser(defaultField, analyzer);
> qp.setMode(QueryParser.MODE_DEFAULT_END);
>
> Please try & test it.
>
> Some results:
> Query: a b c d
> classic mode: a b c d
>     new mode: +a +b +c +d
>
> Query: a AND NOT b
> classic mode: +a -b
>     new mode: +a -b
>
> Query: a OR b
> classic mode: a b
>     new mode: a b
>
> Query: a b c -d
> classic mode: a b c -d
>     new mode: +a +b +c -d
>
> Query: Capital of Hungary
> classic mode: capital of hungary
>     new mode: +capital +of +hungary
>

> Peter
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/octet-stream name=QueryParser.jj

name=QueryParserTester.java