lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Goetz <br...@quiotix.com>
Subject Re: Bug? QueryParser may not correctly interpret RangeQuery text
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 00:09:36 GMT
> Just curious what the status of this issue is, as the discussion seems
> to have stopped.

I checked in a first cut at this facility:

  - Field.Keyword(String, Date) "constructor", which uses DateField format;
  - Extensions to query parser as discussed earlier;
  - test cases.

More work needs to be done on the date parsing code, but its pretty
much separated from the query parsing now.  Right now, we accept dates
of the form "nn/nn/nn", as supported by
DateFormat.getDateInstance(DateFormat.SHORT).  I think we want to be
more flexible about this, and also support date-times as well (the new
parser stuff includes support for quoted strings inside range expressions,
so we can include things with spaces that way.)

Also, we talked about adding numeric ranges too.  First we'd need a
NumberField class and "constructor", similar to DateField, and then
we'd want to use NumberFormat to see if the elements in the range query
are of the right format.

I'd like to hand off the specifics of date format parsing to someone
else, since I'm pretty pressed for time; I've done the part that
involves the parser, which is the high-risk part.