lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Puccianti <spuccia...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: Datefiltering performance issues
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:35:40 GMT
Thanks for the quick answer !
I've just downloaded the 1.2 release jar, and my test
gives  me the same results. The more threads I've got,
the slower Datefiltering gets (performance degradation
is almost exponential).
I tried to use the RangeQuery, as advised by Scott
Ganyo, but it does not work very well. RangeQuery
creates a TermQuery for each term within lowerTerm and
higherTerm. If my range is too high, as I've got
thoushands of documents, it just blows up memory...
Is there any way to avoid sharing the TermInfosReader
between all threads when creating the Bitset, or
somehow avoid synchronizing the get method (if it is
actually the bottleneck here) ?

Thanks,

Sylvain

--- Doug Cutting <cutting@lucene.com> a écrit : > What
version of Lucene are you using?  There was a