lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <>
Subject Dates before 1970
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2002 20:31:32 GMT

It looks like DateField.timeToString method won't allow negative dates
(i.e. dates before 1.1.1970).
If one tries to index a pre-1970 date the following happens:

java.lang.RuntimeException: time too early
	at org.apache.lucene.document.DateField.timeToString(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.document.DateField.dateToString(Unknown Source)

I am not the first one to encounter this error.  Philip Ogren hit this
problem a long time ago:

Does anyone have a workaround?
In the above message Philip Ogren mentions only a documentation change,
but I think he also submitted a patch, which I now cannot locate.

Does anyone have this patch?

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>