lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Dates before 1970
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2002 20:31:32 GMT
Hello,

It looks like DateField.timeToString method won't allow negative dates
(i.e. dates before 1.1.1970).
If one tries to index a pre-1970 date the following happens:

java.lang.RuntimeException: time too early
	at org.apache.lucene.document.DateField.timeToString(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.document.DateField.dateToString(Unknown Source)

I am not the first one to encounter this error.  Philip Ogren hit this
problem a long time ago:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=114911

Does anyone have a workaround?
In the above message Philip Ogren mentions only a documentation change,
but I think he also submitted a patch, which I now cannot locate.

Does anyone have this patch?

Thanks,
Otis