lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Goetz <br...@quiotix.com>
Subject Re: Bug? QueryParser may not correctly interpret RangeQuery text
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2002 22:43:00 GMT
> What do people think the right way to handle this issue for the range
> queries? My suggestion is to do a indexOf() for "-" and create the one or
> two tokens. That is, don't use the analyzer to determine what the tokens are
> here. Is there a problem with this?

We can also use JavaCC's lexical modes to have different sets of rules
for different tokens.

The range stuff always felt to me like it was nailed onto the side of
the query parser.  How about we step back and define a formal syntax
for acceptable range queries, and then approach that as a parsing
problem, instead of hacking this hack further?