lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Anders Nielsen <and...@visator.com>
Subject PhraseQuery with prefix-ending
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 08:55:57 GMT
Hello all,

In december 2001, there was a discussion about how to implement queries of
the form "microsoft app"* that matches both "microsoft application" and
"microsoft apps". Doug posted ([1]) an outline for a solution, and I posted
a hack-solution that wasn't very efficient. Now I've implemented a solution
that follows what Doug outlined which turns out to be quite efficient, and
I'd be happy to share it. I'm just unsure of the protocol here, do I just
attach it to a mail to the lucene-dev list or is there a patch maintainer?

regards,
Anders Nielsen

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg00438.html