lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Serebrennikov <dmit...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Adding a TermExpansionQuery
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 09:15:13 GMT
Great idea!
I would suggest the following considerations:
- this should be implemented as an interface that can support multiple
implementations (such as something based on a simple lookup table and
also something based on a wordNet-style synonim database)
- different implementations might be probably be used for the same index
either at the same time or at different times
- for those using Lucene primarialy as an API, the implementations is
best provided programmatically when creating a Searcher, I think.
- for those using Lucene as an application, perhaps the application
framework (such as the one people are working on in the sandbox) can
take care of finding and instantiating the right implementation.

Good luck!
Dmitry.