lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [sandbox] appex/search
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 01:33:03 GMT
IIRC, My CVS commit messages went through.  From my understanding they
are done locally.  Hence if you have no MTA or you do not have
perl/python/whatever the script that sends it is written in, then you
shant send them properly.  You should see some kind of error message or
lack of "sending commit message" ...

In my humble and reserved opinon....In general its easiest to install
cygwin (or upgrade to Linux :-) ) and learn to use CVS directly.  I'm
not saying you can't use gui tools for it, but that you'll find your
knowledge and proficiency with CVS greatly enhanced by learning to use
it directly.

-Andy