lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search DateFilter.java
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 12:13:02 GMT
Jon Scott Stevens wrote:

>on 5/7/02 7:09 PM, "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>I believe the mail log happens after the commit if I'm not mistaken.  I
>>very well could be.  I could reason my way all the way through this and
>>figure it out if it interested me enough.  Unfortunately, it does not.
>>Anyhow I favor the cron solution anyhow.  Thanks for making me think of
>>this, I'll implement it for POI shortly.
>>
>>-Andy
>>

>Eh? Auto code formatting has nothing to do with the mail log.

You could use the script kicked off to do it with.

>Don't you think that if setting up auto code formatting was technically
>possible that we would have thought of it already (after all these years of
>working with CVS)?

 I'm going to do it in the crontab.  Yes it is technically possible
otherwise, no I don't care to have a lengthy discussion about it, as I
think doing it in the crontab is better.  *everything* is technically
possible, its all a matter of costs and risks.

-Andy