lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Murzaku <murz...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene TODO.txt
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 20:34:13 GMT
Hi there!

I just came back from a trip and noticed the start of
feature requests document for the next version. First,
let me correct Otis that I just submitted some raw
Java code generated from Snowball giving at as an
example to several requests for handling Russian. That
code was not integrated into Lucene's Analyzer
framework.
Second, never heard from Doug whether it is possible
in theory to implement some other similarity/distance
function and to plug these instead of the standard
enhanced tf*idf. I think there was at list one other
Lucene user interested in this (especially in the case
of short fields like addresses, single sentences,
etc.)

Cheers,

Alex

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=115631