lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fuchs <tmfu...@web.de>
Subject Re: Re: lexetius.com, lucene logo
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 18:09:25 GMT
Hello Peter and Otis,

OK, we have the Lucene logo now on every page.

By the way, if Lucene is used within an applet residing on CD-ROM, FSDirectory.makeLock()
will fail as it tries to write to disc. Maybe it should be documented somewhere, that makeLock()
in this case has to be altered as follows:

package org.apache.lucene.store;

final public class FSDirectory extends Directory {

/** Construct a {@link Lock}.
* @param name the name of the lock file
*/
public final Lock makeLock(String name) {
final File lockFile = new File(directory, name);
return new Lock() {
public boolean obtain() throws IOException {
// if (Constants.JAVA_1_1) return true;    // locks disabled in jdk 1.1
// return lockFile.createNewFile();
return true;
}
public void release() {
// if (Constants.JAVA_1_1) return;         // locks disabled in jdk 1.1
// lockFile.delete();
return;
}
public String toString() {