lucene-dev mailing list archives

From cutt...@lucene.com
Subject RE: Powered by Lucene, what is the criteria
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 16:03:59 GMT
I think the basic criteria should be that it's clear to users that Lucene
was used to implement it.

For web-based applications this is best done by putting "Search powered by
[Lucene]" (with the logo linking to the Lucene web site) on the search
results page, and ideally on the query page too.

What should we do for non-web-based applications?  Is a mention in the
"About" box good enough?  I think so, but I'm open to other proposals.

Doug