lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Lee Mallabone <...@grantadesign.com>
Subject Re: Call for features in next release
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 13:33:36 GMT
On Mon, 2002-05-20 at 19:19, Peter Carlson wrote:
> I would like be able to have the features that we are planning on having for
> the next release.
..snip..
> Do people have any other functionality they are thinking of adding?

It could be that this is impossible due to Lucene internals, but:

The ability to create IndexReader and IndexSearcher objects from an
FSDirectory whose files on the Real Filesystem are read only, (this
fails at the moment with Permission Denied errors).

In fact, that's more a feature request than something I plan to work on,
but given the right hints from other developers, I may be able to work
on it.

Lee.