lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Kelvin Tan" <kel...@relevanz.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for Lucene
Date Sat, 04 May 2002 08:33:52 GMT
Andy,

I'm up for it. I've made further changes to what I previously posted and am
keen on getting it into sandbox.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver@apache.org>
To: "Lucene Developers List" <lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2002 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: Proposal for Lucene

Hi Manfred/Kelvin (whose name I saw on a lot of this),

I'm back on the on cycle and I was about to commit this stuff so we
could start refactoring, I've got it building and all set up and ready.
But I wanted to make sure that you're still okay with it.

Once I get it in lucene-sandbox we can start refactoring it and adding
the new features.

Are we good to go?  Let me know and then we can watch the CVS commit
messages fly into lucene-sandbox...

Thanks,

-Andy

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 05:26, Manfred Schäfer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i would suggest two sub-projects:
>
> 1.Crawler - retrieving docs, wherever they are.....
>
> 2. DocumentHandler extract Text, create apropriate fields etc..
>
> The second is a layer on top of lucene. First is a autonomous package,
wich
> should be nicely integrated with lucene/Document-Handler, but should also
be
> usable for other projects.
>
> I've included my code, to show you, what i've done. It isn't too useful
yet,
> because it is integrated in our product, but you can get the idea.
Actually i've
> written two things:
>
> 1: A robot for crawling a remote server via http and writing all the data
> local filesystem, then importing it into our db and
> (at the same time) replacing all links with internal links. So we could
emulate
> a web-Site from this crawled Data!
> [com.synformation.script.utilities.importtool]
>
> 2: (I've rewritten some of the code from 1 for that, so this is much
cleaner) A
> customer needs a tool for importing local mini-Websites on the file-system
via
> an applet, send it to the Web-Server and import it as described in point
1. I've
> tried to write it in a way, that it could include the functionality of
point 1
> (retrieving vie http), but that is mostly untested.
> [com.synformation.script.utilities.fileimport]
>
> I don't say, that you(we) should use this. But i think it's time to come
to a
> more concrete plans. I'm interested to help on that for the crawler.
>

> mfg,
>
> manfred
>

> ----
>

> --