lucene-dev mailing list archives

From James Cooper <pi...@bitmechanic.com>
Subject RE: announce: web spider/search tool built w/Lucene
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 18:31:10 GMT
On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Mark Tucker wrote:

> We are working on a search application that is an extension to lucene.
> It would be able to crawl more than web sites and would have a
> plugable architecture.
>
> I haven't downloaded the code yet, but I like what you have done with
> spindle.  What is the chance of using it as a starting point for the
> lucene extension?

That sounds good to me.  We may want to swap out the HTML Parser -- the
code I used was GPL, so I had to release spindle under the GPL.

It's a small amount of code though, so we could rewrite it without too
much trouble (or use a different library), since I assume we need to be
able to release under the Apache License.

Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to do.

cheers

-- James