lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric D. Friedman" <e...@conveysoftware.com>
Subject about my proposed patch for bug 7782
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2002 02:55:03 GMT
I just added a patch to the report for bug 7782.  It fixes the problem
in QueryParser.jj where TokenStream.close() is not being called.  It
also addresses the problem of the IOExceptions that TokenStream creates
being silently ignored -- the exceptions are now sent back up to the
user of the QueryParser.  In the current codebase there's no way for
a user of QueryParser to know that the TokenStream blew up.

This change obviously means that users of QueryParser need to catch
IOException.

What's the review procedure for contributed patches?

Eric