lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Tucker" <MTuc...@infoimage.com>
Subject RE: announce: web spider/search tool built w/Lucene
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 16:31:41 GMT
We are working on a search application that is an extension to lucene.  It would be able to
crawl more than web sites and would have a plugable architecture.

I haven't downloaded the code yet, but I like what you have done with spindle.  What is the
chance of using it as a starting point for the lucene extension?

Mark Tucker

-----Original Message-----
From: James Cooper [mailto:pixel@bitmechanic.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2002 1:52 PM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: announce: web spider/search tool built w/Lucene

hi,

I've recently released a free web spider/search tool that uses
Lucene.  It's available from:

http://www.bitmechanic.com/projects/spindle/

It's the first project I've built with Lucene, so there's probably room
for improvment as far as how indexes are built and whatnot, but hopefully
others may find it useful.

cheers

-- James