lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Bizzell" <tho...@bizzell.org>
Subject Test Message/ Intorduction
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2002 18:43:35 GMT
My name is Thomas Bizzell.  I am just sending a test message.

I worked for 11 years as a Software Engineer/Architect  for a company called
Synthesys Technologies, INC in Austin, Texas, until the company went
bankrupt early this year.  We used a propriatary full text Databases for use
use in a medical records system that we called Emrx.  THat product was
written in c.   I also developed a search engine in C++ that used an Object
Oriented Database/Objectivity as a data store.

The search engines were aimed to provide precission in the searching.  In
the C++ version, were were using XML documents.

a simple query could be:

w/section(w/title(Discharge Summary) wo/4(discharged home)))

the wo/4 means found in the document in the order of the query within 4 word
window.

I have been trying to build up my java skills and learning EJB.  I was
looking for information about Tomcat, when I came accross this project.  I
am going to download the sources. I might be able to help out in the future.