lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Carlson <carl...@bookandhammer.com>
Subject Re: Disk I/O in Lucene
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 23:08:52 GMT
Hi,

Lucene does not use the new nio API's in 1.4 (in fact it is compatible back
to 1.1.8).

What kind of bench marks are you looking for? I am currently searching over
100K documents in about .015 seconds for a simple query on a Sun Netra T1
(450 Mhz).

If you have a real need for speed, Lucene also supports a RAM Directory to
store the index. I have not used this, but heard it's faster.

--Peter