lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Halácsy Péter <halacsy.pe...@axelero.com>
Subject not public abtract methods
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 12:37:43 GMT
Hello,
when I wrote a subclass of Searcher (ManagedSearcher mentioned in my previous mail) I faced
a problem in org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher:
it has package protected abtract methods such as:
 abstract TopDocs search(Query query, Filter filter, int n)
       throws IOException;

Why? That means: you can't create subclass of Searcher only on org.apache.lucene.search package.

Can you modify this to be public or protected?

The abtract methods:
 public abstract void search(Query query, Filter filter, HitCollector results)
    throws IOException;

  /** Frees resources associated with this Searcher. */
  public abstract  void close() throws IOException;

  public abstract int docFreq(Term term) throws IOException;
  public abstract int maxDoc() throws IOException;
  public abstract TopDocs search(Query query, Filter filter, int n)
       throws IOException;

  /** For use by {@link HitCollector} implementations. */
  public abstract Document doc(int i) throws IOException;

thanks,
peter