lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene Sandbox now official
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 17:54:46 GMT
I'd like access please to begin work on the application extensions.  I
am a Lucene committer.

Peter: As far as "contribution" versus "project" - thats some weird
logic in distinguishing the two.  Anyhow,  a discussion on the semantics
would be very boring for me.

The application extensions are intended to be integrated back into the
main lucene trunk once they are refactored/stable.  Let me know what to
qualify that as according to the seemingly decided upon semantics and
where we should put this.  Once the application extensions are complete
as we previously discussed some months ago, we'll reintegrate them into
the main CVS trunk.  They'll be jar'd seperately from the core API so
that those merely using the core API don't have to use the extensions.

-Andy