lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Sandbox now official
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 14:44:11 GMT
I think Oliver wants something more concrete:

jakarta-lucene-sandbox/projects/[project]/src/...
jakarta-lucene-sandbox/projects/[project]/docs/...
jakarta-lucene-sandbox/projects/[project]/xdocs/...
jakarta-lucene-sandbox/projects/[project]/build.xml
jakarta-lucene-sandbox/projects/[project]/README.txt
jakarta-lucene-sandbox/projects/[project]/CHANGES.txt
jakarta-lucene-sandbox/projects/[project]/LICENSE.txt

Replace '[package]' with 'crawler' or something appropriate.

Otis

--- Peter Carlson <carlson@bookandhammer.com> wrote:
> What is your example?
>
> If it is a Lucene application extension, then I would suggest the
> contributions area if the source is available. For example, if there
> was a
> Russian Analyzer then I would suggest adding that to the
> contributions area.
>
> If you are talking about a separate jar that is being used by the
> contribution, AND it fell under the APL license (or a compatible
> license to
> distribute), then I could see the contribution having a lib
> directory.
>
> I'm sure I'm missing something.
>
> --Peter
>

> On 4/7/02 6:55 AM, "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Okay...so where do I put the app extensions?
> >
> > On Sat, 2002-04-06 at 22:38, Peter Carlson wrote:
> >>

> >> I was thinking that the contributions in the sandbox area would be
> source
> >> contributions under the APL license. Other contributions that are
> basically
> >> references can still be added through the contributions page.
> >>
> >> I guess want I am not thinking the contributions area is just a
> hodge podge
> >> of unorganized stuff. It is structured repackaged
> (org.apache.lucene)
> >> contributions from contributors who are taking ownership. There
> may be some
> >> exceptions to the organization if the contributions are not
> related to
> >> lucene functionality directly (i.e. Erik Hatcher's indexing ant
> task). Again
> >> this does not stop us from adding other's contributions (binaries,
> >> non-repackaged) to the contributions area.
> >>
> >> Thoughts?
> >>

> >> I agree with your naming convention changes.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> --Peter

> and

> files,

jakarta-lucene-sandbox/contributions/[contribution]/xdocs/about[contribution