lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene Sandbox now official
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2002 18:15:52 GMT
On Sun, 2002-04-21 at 10:02, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> So, just so I do it right the first time I want to clarify.  I have the Ant
> task wrapper to build a Lucene index that I'd like to put in the sandbox.
> Is this a "project", rather than a contribution?  Shall we just make an
> "ant" project where we can put all Lucene-Ant stuff?

put it wherever you like...make it build pretty.  Perhaps we should use
centipede in order to break the structure up into nice pieces.  Ken's
offered (in the past) to set it up if we want.
http://www.krysalis.org/centipede/index.html

> One of the things my Ant task abstracts is a DocumentHandler interface in
> which you simply ask it for a Document and get one back.  This overlaps (and
> is probably not nearly rich enough for general Lucene usage) with what
> others are doing probably.  Once I know what directory structure to put my
> stuff into I'll get it in there for evaluation and then we can rework how
> the document handler stuff works as others contribute and it evolves.

+1 -- do it.

>     Erik

http://www.superlinksoftware.com
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - port of Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound