lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@zenplex.com>
Subject RE: Building a release
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:34:29 GMT
On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 19:02, apache@lucene.com wrote:
> I had a chance to update these instructions a bit today.  I have not tested
> them, but now I think the naming conventions are all correct, and I added
> some steps about updating the web site and javadocs.  These document (more
> or less) what I've done for each of the 'rc' releases.

You guys might be interested in Maven. This is exactly the kind of
development process stuff that Maven attempts to make easier.

We are using Maven for all the Turbine stuff, Jetspeed is using it, a
few of the commons components, 14 projects @ DARPA, ObjectBridge @
sourceforge is moving toward using Maven and it looks like the
CheckStyle author is interested.

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/

I would be glad to help out if you wanted to try it. A mavenized build
co-exists with any existing build system so you can try before you buy
and dump it if you don't like it.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org