lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Carlson <carl...@bookandhammer.com>
Subject Re: Development issues / processes
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:24:42 GMT
Brian,

Thanks for detailing your reasons.
The very small repository issue seems mitigated since someone would only
have to download the core subdirectory. Also, I think that well named
directories like contrib/ and scratchpad/ would not be too confusing to most
developers, although I think creating some documentation around this would
be a good idea.

I do like the idea of potentially have more developers able to contribute to
the scratchpad and contrib area.

I will ask for a new Repo for this area under the name
Apache/Jakarta-Lucene-Sandbox/

If there is trouble getting this repository, do you think the sub directory
approach is an alternative? If not, do you have any other suggestions.

Thanks

--Peter