lucene-dev mailing list archives

From acoliver <acoli...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Re: Re: Where are we with lucene search application design?
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 22:40:01 GMT
>On Fri, 22 Mar 2002 23:32:26  0100 "Rodrigo Reyes" <reyes@charabia.net>
wrote.
>Hi !
>
>> Sorry, I've been stalled lately with a backlog of work.  I sent an email
>> asking if anyone here objected to the creation of a scratchpad area and
>> build target but even I did not get my own message.
>> So If no one objects I'd like to create the scratchpad, create a target
>for
>> it and begin refactoring the sources that were donated.
>
>Could you elaborate on the purpose and content of this scratchpad ? It is
>not really clear for me.

Scratchpad is for unstable sources that aren't ready for prime-time.
Cocoon, POI and other projects on Jakarta and XML use it.  The target lets
you build sources that you might not want on a production system.  Having
the directory seperated off from the main trunk so that you don't pollute
the main trunk with dead directories when things move or are refactored.

Anyhow, this has worked well elsewhere.