lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Serebrennikov <dmit...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Lucene Bugs
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 06:01:54 GMT
Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

>I just took a quick look.
>TermInfosReader uses SegmentTermEnum, which extends TermEnums, which
>has abstract term() and next().
>Perhaps SegmentTermEnum implements term() and next() differently, so
>that next() does need to be called first.

Except when the TermEnum is by calling IndexReader.terms(Term t) , such
that it is supposed to start after the given term. In that case, the
code that creates the TermEnum and scrolls it to the requested point, in
effect, already calls the "next()" for you. Yes, it's confusing as heck
:), but this is the exception case that I think you may be referring to.

Dmitry.