lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Goetz <>
Subject Re: Development issues / processes
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 06:24:02 GMT
> Do you think the suggestion of putting separating the core, contrib and
> scratchpad into different sub directories will not meet you needs of keeping
> the core repository small?

Its a thought.  My concern about this would be that someone browsing
the repo via the CVSweb interface for the first time might be
confused.  Keeping a VERY SMALL number of files, directories only, at
the top level would help mitigate this.

There's another very significant advantage to a separate repo for
contrib -- we can grant commit on that much more lightly than on the
core.  This increases the chance that contributions in contrib/ will
be maintained by their contributor, if (s)he can commit them.

I still prefer the idea of putting the scratchpad in commons.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message