lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Action Item Vote Request
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:10:33 GMT
> The action item request is to create a scratchpad area in Lucene's
> CVS.

OK.

> The scratchpad code would be part of the Lucene distribution nor part
> of the
> build process. I should have made that more clear in my proposal.

Aha.  There would be a build target, but the code would never make it
in the dist, in effect limiting the access to the code only to those
who have access to CVS repository.

> If people are willing to create this an contribute there wares here,
> I think
> this is a much better idea than in the commons area. I think that all
> the
> Lucene related code should be part of the Lucene project. I don't
> even think
> that there would be a link to it from the Lucene web page.
>
> Which way are you going to vote?

In this case I would vote +1 for this, too.
And if it doesn't work out for some reason there is always cvs remove
-f...

I'm assuming you are keeping track of votes.
When/iff we get +3 and no -1s (or whatever the rules are), Andrew can
import whatever he has, etc.

Lets try to make a decision today.

Otis