lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Development issues / processes
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:08:15 GMT

> As far as contrib, here's my objection.  contrib directories grow
> pretty quickly, are rarely well indexed or documented, and tend to
> decay -- eventually a lot of contributed code will stop building, if
> not stop working.  Contributed code is of varying levels of
> usefulness, correctness, documentedness, and other qualities.
> Eventually, the contrib area becomes a burden.  And it often swamps
> the size of the core source tree.
>
> I prefer making it a separate repo.

Do me a favor... You go into "general@jakarta.apache.org" and say "can I
have a second CVS module for Lucene, because I want to keep my cvs
repository clean" -- see what kind of reception you get.

> --

http://www.superlinksoftware.com
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - port of Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound
Document