lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Murzaku" <>
Subject RE: Normalization
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:31:12 GMT
> Which makes me wonder -- does Yoorup really need a one cent
> AND a two cent coin?  They had a once-in-a-century chance to
> reboot their monetary system, and they came up with eight
> coin denominations (no cash register has eight compartments)
> include a one cent and a two cent, at least one of which, or
> maybe both, are unneeded.

It seems Finland, Italy and Holland already want to get rid of them.
Finland is actually pulling both 1 and 2 cents out of circulation...

> I've always liked this idea, in fact I wondered why it wasn't
> done this way the first time I saw it.  Doug, what do you
> think of storing the analyzer with the index, and letting
> things like the query parser default to using the stored
> analyzer, so that people will be less likely to shoot their
> feet by using the wrong analyzer?

I remember a discussion about this last year but couldn't find the
reference. I think Doug was against it for some reason.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message