lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bergstrand <stefan.bergstr...@polopoly.com>
Subject Multiple occurences after merge.
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 14:06:51 GMT

When a Document occurs in more than one index and they are merged, I
get more than one hit on the Document (seems logical).

I would like to have a way of passing some kind of "unique id", for a
document like:

[...]

Field uniqueField = new Field("http://www.foo.bar/articles/4711/index.html");

[...]

// Do some indexing
doc.add(uniqueField);
doc.add(Field.Text("contents", reader));

[...]

// Merge indexes.
writer.addIndexes(subindexes, uniqueField);

[...]

when merging, that would make the merge process avoid duplicate
entries of documents containing uniqueField.

(The example above is just a way to illustrate what I am mumbling
about, I am sure there are better ways to solve the problem.)

Anyone thinks it could be useful (except for me, that is)?
Or is there already a better way to avoid this?

/Stefan Bergstrand